|Wahl SUPER TAPER Professional Clipper # 8400
Cut Hair Wet or Dry, Powerful and Versatile, Variable Taper and Texture.
MODEL 8400 INCLUDES: Professional Clipper; 3 Cutting Guides (1/16"-3/16"); Styling Comb; Oil; Cleaning Brush; operating Instructions; Red Blade Guard (Guarantees Professional Quality)
DIRECTION FOR OPERATING: Your Wahl electric clipper will give youears of satisfactory service if you will put a few drops of oil on the blades before and after each haircut.
1. Put a small drop of Wahl Clipper Oil between the blades after each use. Oil should be applied while he clipper is running. After cutting wet hair, clean the blades and apply a small drop of Wahl Clipper Oil. use WahlClipper Oil ONLY. Apply the oil after each use.
2. Blades must be realigned if they have been removed for cleaning or replacement.
3. Streaks and missing hair are caused by a gummy sticky surface on the blades, so keep your clipper clean and the blades well oiled.
4. Clattering when turning the clipper on or off may occur on some clippers. It is of no consequence. The same is true if your clipper heats up after 20-25 minutes of use.
5. Make sure cord is not twisted or kinked while unit is charging or being stored.
6. To clean the unit, use either a clean, dry or dampened cloth. DO NOT USE benzene or thinner to clean the unit.
ON THE WAHL CLIPPER: Sketch shows how the bottom blade holes are larger than the shanks of the blade screws. When the blade screws are loosened the bottom balde can be aligned with the top blade. Keep the screws tight after the blade is aligned.
1. End of top blade teeth should be 1/32" to 1/16" .79mm to 1.59mm back from bottom balde. This is important so that the clipper doesnt cut too close or allow the moving cutter to touch the skin.
2. Extreme left hand tooth of top blade must be covering or be to the left of the first small tooth of bottom blade.
3. Extreme right hand tooth of top blade must be touching the big tooth on the bottom blade.
ON CLIPPERS USING "ADJUSTO-LOCK" BLADES: To remove the blades loosen only center screw. leave the two outside scres tight as they hold bushings in place to keep alignment of blades. Keep screws tight when in operation.
CORD: If you clipper has a polarized plug: To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the or other). This plug fits in a polarized outlet only one way. In the event the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, recerse the plug. In the event it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
TAPER LEVER: Some clippers are equipped with an adjustable taper lever that changes the closemess of your cut. When the lever is in the uppermost postion, the blades will give the closest cut. Pushing the lever downward gradually increases the cutting length.
POWER SCREW: (Not found on all lipper models.) To adjust power, turn power screw in clockwise direction until clipper madkes a noise caused by the armature hitting the coil. Then, slowly turn power screw out (counter-clock-wise) just until noise stops. This is maximum power.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
1.An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
2. This appliance is not suitable for use by people (including children) with p