|Similar to the Hot Tools model 1190 (170watt Flat Iron), but this iron has small metal rollers so that it is easier to pull the hair thru the iron.
Separate heating system for each plate provides superior performance
Gold-tone, full-size heating plates
170 watts of power for fast heat-up and instant recovery
Ten variable heats from low to extra-hot
Slim, easy-to-grip handle
8-ft heavy-duty cord
Features Pulse Technology
Maintains constant temperature for non-stop straightening with consistent quality
For a smooth, high-gloss look with extra shine. Works in even the hardest-to-style hair
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS: This appliance may have a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still doesn ot fit, contact a ualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
START UP: Plug the straightener into an electrical outlet and slide the On/Off switch tot he "On" position. Allow the appliance at least 60 seconds heating time. Slide the On/ Off switch to the "OFF" position and unplug the stlying tool after stlying is complete.
CAUTION: Flat iron with heat-control dials operate at high temperatures when used on high settings. When using for the first time, begin with the LOWEST setting. Please read all instructions carefully befor using. For best results follow guidelines.
- Hair should be clean and dried completely before using any stlying tool.
- Separate a 2-inch section for hair, genntly place hair between the smoothing plates and clamp the straightener down firmly on the hair. You will achieve professional results if you work from the scalp to the ends of your hair.
- Once hair is heated, caefully slide the iron along the isolated section, making sure the hair is heated and straightened all the way to the ends. The ends will probably require less heat than the hair which grows closer to the scalp.
- For best results, hold end of hair while smoothing the hair section.
- To create flips or curls, use rounded edge of iron's straightening plates to curl ends out or under.
- To remove hair fomr the straightener, simply release pressure and allow the hair to gently slip out from the smoothing plates.
- The smoothing process does not require overlapping; separate each section of hair and work on it as indicated above.
- Allow hair to cool before combing or brushing.
- Repaeat the process until you have achieved the look you desire.
- Wait for the appliance to cool before storing.
MAINTENANCE: Your appliance is virtually maintenance free. No lubrication is needed. Keep heated surfaces clean and free to dust, dirt, and hair spray. If cleaning becomes necessary, unplug the appliance from the power source and wipe the exterior with a damp cloth. If the cord becomes twisted, untwist prior to use.
STORAGE: When not in use, "Unplug-It." Allow appliance to cool and store out of reach of children in a safe, dry location. Never srap the cord around the appliance since this will cause the cord to wear prematurely and break. handle cord carefully for longer life and aovid jerking, bending sharply, twisting, or straining cord, especially at plug conections.