|Home > Hair Care > |
Neutralizing shampoos are vital for chemically processed or relaxed hair. Following processed hair with neutralizing shampoo removes residue and brings pH levels to normal. If the neutralizing process is skipped, the hair will continue to process, which will create thinning, breakage, scalp irritation, and hair loss.
Remember, a correctly processed home kit depends on the way hair is neutralized. Not only does this step harden the soften hair due to chemically processing; but it also protects the hairs health.
1. FIRST, always determine the number of times to neutralize
2. Always read instructions when processing hair, especially instructions regarding neutralization steps. It will recommend length and number of times to leave the solution in. READ instructions carefully, because some home kits have two applications of solution and others instruct you to keep spare liquid to work into hair after rods are removed.
3. IF, spare liquid was not saved and neutralizing solution is not present; AIR DRY. Allow your hair to air dry or use “cool air” from a bonnet dryer. This will also naturalize hair, but extra conditioning and cool drying will be needed after washes.
* To enhance the effectiveness of the neutralizer; avoid heated hairstyling tools for 2-3 days. This will allow time for hair to heal and prevent unnecessary hair follicle damage.
* DO NOT exceed time of 10 minutes for neutralizing
* Regular shampoo is NOT a substitute for neutralizing shampoo
* FAILURE to neutralize after chemically processing hair will lead to severe breakage and even baldness.
Restore the natural pH of your hair with neutralizing shampoo from Texas Beauty Supply. Hair neutralizer also safely removes relaxer and balances it effectively!